Frequently Asked Questions
- What is assisted living?
- Is assisted living the same as a nursing home or skilled nursing facility?
- How is assisted living different from other levels of care?
- What is the cost of assisted living?
- Are the rooms at your assisted living facility furnished?
- What services do you provide?
- What if I use a wheelchair to ambulate?
- What accommodations are available?
- Why should I choose Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care assisted living facility?
- If my needs or level of care change, will I have to move?
- Do I have to sign a lease?
What is assisted living?
Assisted living is a long term care option for seniors who require assistance with activities of daily life (ADL's), such as bathing/showering, shaving, hygiene, dressing, medication assistance, and meal preparation. Assisted living provides a combination of housing, health care and supportive services that are designed to improve the quality of seniors lives.
Is assisted living the same as a nursing home or skilled nursing facility?
No. Nursing homes or skilled nursing facilities provides intensive 24/7 medical care to individuals, often with complex medical needs that require the care and "skill" specifically of licensed doctors/nurses and therapists on a scheduled and unscheduled basis. Although Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care assisted living facility can arrange for Physician's visits, there is not a licensed doctor or RN/LPN on staff 24/7. Many active and more independent seniors do not require this intense level of care and assisted living is more than safe and comfortable for them, and in many cases, a better option.
How is assisted living different from other levels of care?
According to www.seniorsforlife.com, assisted living offers a higher level of care than that of a retirement community, but not as extensive as a medical or nursing home or hospital. Assisted living communities offer a unique combination of independent living and care. Unlike nursing homes and other medical facilities, assisted living facilities allow elders to maintain a sense of independence and involvement in a social community, while at the same time provide the assistance with daily life and peace of mind that comes with a professional support team. (www.seniorsforlife.com)
What is the cost of assisted living?
According to the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA), the average cost for a private one-bedroom in an assisted living residence is $3,022 per month. At Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care assisted living facility, we base our rates on choice of private or semi-private room, and level of care needed, which is determined by the assessment that is completed with the input of our RN Consultant, the Resident, and Resident family members.
Are the rooms at your assisted living facility furnished?
Yes. We provide all the furnishing you will need in an assisted living facility. We do ask that you bring pictures, decorations, afghans and/or other personal items to personalize your space and make it a little more like home. We have found that this makes transitioning from home to our assisted living facility a little bit easier. Our rooms and furnishings are designed with safety and comfort in mind. Large outside furnishings from home, such as bed, couch, and/or table may compromise the safety of you, and/or other Residents.
What services do you provide?
- Loving Care
- Home Cooked Meals - 3 delicious and nutritious meals prepared daily, as well as healthy snacks.
- 24 hour supervision - Highly trained, competent caregivers specializing in assisted living are onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Laundry and Housekeeping - Caregiver performs cleaning and laundry services everyday. A clean home, clothes and linens are always provided.
- Private or Semi-private Rooms
- Medication Administration - Qualified Medication Administration Person (QMAP) is onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to administer and assist with medications.
- Reasonable Rates - We offer a low cost alternative to seniors in need of care and assistance with the activities of daily living.
- Bathing and Grooming - Handicapped accessible bathrooms allows for caregiver to assist with showers, dressing, shaving and fixing hair.
- Activities - Opportunities to participate in activities that are both recreational and social.
- Caregivers have patience and compassion, and provides their services in a way that leaves the Resident feeling adignified and respected.
- Comprehensive Care Plan - Upon admission, Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care assisted living facility will collaborate with the Resident, family, and medical professionals to prepare a comprehensive care plan detailing and addressing all of the Resident's specific needs.
Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care can arrange:
- Home Health Nursing/Physician Care
- Physical Therapy
- Prescription Delivery
- Special Dietary Needs
- Adaptive Equipment Rental
- Hospice Services
- Salon Visits
- Birthday Parties
- Special Occasion Dinners
What if I use a wheelchair to ambulate?
Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care assisted living facility is wheelchair accessible on the interior and exterior of the facility.
What accommodations are available?
Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care assisted living facility offers a choice of private or semi-private wheelchair accessible rooms.
Why should I choose Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care assisted living facility?
Unlike many care homes, the owner of Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care is hands on with the Resident's, being certified as a caregiver herself. She is not only teaching her staff, she is utilizing her knowledge and training everyday. The Resident's of Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care feel as though the owner is apart of the family and she resides at the facility on a part-time basis, working as not only the owner, but head caregiver as well. She is extremely involved.
If my needs of level of care change, will I have to move?
In most cases, the answer is NO. Many seniors comfortably live the remaining years of their life in an assisted living facility. An assisted living facility can greatly decrease the risks that cause serious health setbacks that might require a higher level of care. Loving Touch Elderly Assistant Care assisted living facility can arrange home health nursing/physician care, physical therapy, and hospice services. However, our Resident's are most important, and if it is determined that a higher level of care is needed, a skilled nursing facility may be the next viable option.
Do I have to sign a lease?
Our assisted living facility offers month-to-month leases and accommodate short-term respite stays.